3 Amazing Winter Recipes That You Should Try
Winter is coming. Have you updated must-prepare dishes to make this season warmer? My article today will reveal you some of amazing recipe which you should really try in this winter. Let’s go!
1. Beet, Orange and Apple Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds of beets
- One big orange
- 2 cups of shredded beet greens
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds, browned
- Wash and let the green and beet roots green. Slice greens into pieces measured 2 cups and put aside.
- Put the beets into a sauce pan, pour water to cover them.
- Heat until they get boiled, keep cover, decrease heat and cook within about 20 minutes.
- Drain off the water and let them cool.
- Set them side and peel off skins, make them into 8 wedges.
- Peel off and section the orange.
- But all beets, apples and orange sections into a large bowl
- Paddle all the reasoning, including, oil, salt, sugar, vinegar and garlic together. Pour over the beet lend and mix well.
- Put 1/2 cup of beet greens into 4 different salad plates. Scatter sunflowers on the top and decorate with beet mixture and serve.
2. Cabbage Rolls II
- Dozen cabbages leaves
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1/4cup of milk
- 1.4 cup of crushed onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 pound of further -lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (8 ounce) of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Boil a pot of water. Put the whole cabbage leaves into the boil water within 2 minutes, then take them out and let drain.
- Make a mixture of the cooked rice, milk, egg, ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper into a large bowl.
- Take each 1/4 cup of meat blend and put in the middle of every cabbage leaf, then roll up.
- Put all the rolls in slow cooker.
- Mix well the ingredients, including brown sugar, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Pour the recently-made blend over the cabbage rolls.
- Cook at the Low speed of between 8 and 9 hours.
3. Spicy Coconut and Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 jalapeno of seeded peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of sliced fresh cilantro
- 1 juiced lime
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 pound of uncooked but
- peeled and deveined shrimp,
- Put a smooth blend of the coconut, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, and soy sauce together in food processor and blend well
- Put the shrimp into a large bowl, covering with the sauce, then shake to coat. Cover again and let it stay at least 2 hours.
- Heat an outdoor grill until it gets medium-high heat, then softly oil the grate.
- Place orderly the shrimp on skewers, arranging the shrimp near the head and tail.
- Heat the skewers on the heated grill, rotating repeatedly until the all sides of the shrimp gets browned and the meat doesn’t look pink in the center any more, normally you should spend 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Place the food into dishes and serve
Here are 3 out of many worth-trying recipes in winter. Let’s try them from time to time to make your meals more diversified. Good luck!